Sprint Com Activate;- Activation begins as soon as the Sprint (sprint.com) phones are switched on since they are set to do so immediately. It is possible that the procedure will fail. When this happens, you should do a hard reset on your phone.
A hard reset, also known as a battery draw, will allow your phone to rest for a few minutes before trying to finish the activation process again. After one minute, remove the battery from the phone and push the power button to turn it on. If the activation wizard prompts you to do so, do not touch any of the buttons or the display screen.
Activating a Replacement Phone
- Turn off the old phone by pressing the power button. For an iPhone, press and hold the “Power” button for a few seconds, then slide right on the “slide to power off” switch. For an Android, hit “Power off,” and the phone will be turned off.
- Insert the SIM card from the old phone into the new one. If you want to use the SIM card from your previous phone, you must first remove it from the old phone and then put it into the new phone. If you’re using a fresh SIM card, or if your phone comes with a SIM card, you may skip this step entirely.
- Charge the new phone to its full capacity. After verifying the phone’s prior charge, plug the phone into its charger and let it sit for up to an hour to charge.
- From time to time, turn on the phone to verify the battery’s charge, but don’t go through the rest of the setup process.
- Navigate to the Sprint Activate page. Open a web browser on your computer and go to sprint.com/activate. Never use the web browser on your phone to complete the procedure.
- To make it active, click “Sign in.” Go to the bottom of the page and click on the yellow button.
- Sprint user name and password fields are required fields to be filled in. In the “Username” and “Password” text fields, type in the Sprint username and password, respectively, to sign in.
- To submit, use the Submit button. To access the Sprint Account page, look for a checkbox next to the text box that says “Password.”
- Scroll through the list until you discover the phone you want to replace. Your account page has a section called “About my devices,” where you may locate and replace the phone you desire to replace.
Activation through the internet
If you’re still having trouble activating your phone, visit the Sprint Activation Web page. The activation page will walk you through the process of picking the appropriate plan and configuring your phone. In certain cases, you may be required to input codes into your phone via the keypad, depending on your phone. The website will also provide updates on the status of the activation inside the system, as well as other information. To finish the registration process, you’ll need the electronic serial number from your phone. The phone number may be found under the battery of the phone.
Things you should know:
In order to transfer your number, we will need information from your prior carrier. Make a duplicate of your bill, as well as your account PIN, for safekeeping. When a customer does not know his or her 4-digit account PIN, he or she must call the carrier for help.
If your new phone is an iPhone, you will be responsible for inserting the SIM card (SIMs are pre-installed on Android phones). If you’re activating several iPhones, pay close attention to your SIM cards; each card is associated with a distinct phone, and we’ll identify them so you can enter the proper card into the relevant phone. Find out how to put a SIM card into your iPhone and how to use it.
Activation timeframes vary depending on your carrier and whether or not you want to maintain your number. Typically, the procedure takes no more than 10 minutes to complete. In contrast, if you’re transferring your number from a prior carrier, keep both your old phone and your new phone close at hand in case anything goes wrong with the transfer.